- Warpath News Room - http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news -
Posted By ChiefsWarpath.com On August 17, 2007 @ 3:00 pm In Commentary | Comments Disabled
Week 1 @ Cleveland
Browns 16, Chiefs 12
- After last year and this offseason, I was starting to set my mind to a return to Martyball, but after this game, I am now having nightmares of a return to the 1980′s, where it was not uncommon for the defense to outscore the offense.
- In 1988, the Chiefs held THREE opponents to 7 points or less, and of course, lost all three. I would not be surprised if that happened again.
- Herm Edwards took an offense that was a Porsche, and trashed it in favor of a low-scoring field goal offense, but with an inexperienced quarterback and rookie kicker, I don’t even know how he can accomplish that.
- I think the defense will be very good this year, and I am very happy about it, unfortunately, I don’t think it will be enough.
Week 2 VS. Miami
Dolphins 11, Chiefs 10
- Two consecutive third down passes to the running back in the flat on the first two possessions, when did the Chiefs re-hire Paul Hackett?
- Brodie Croyle looked sharp on his first possession, but he won’t be playing against second stringers in the regular season.
- If there are any doubts to what I have been saying aboot Carl Peterson, Ron Jaworski confirmed it for me. He talked about the Chiefs being a BUSINESS, and how Carl has run a successful BUSINESS, with season ticket sales, blah, blah, blah.
- Not once did Ron bring up the words “Super Bowl”, which I thought was supposed to be the goal. Even accepting Ron’s argument, Carl achieved business success 17 years ago. Kansas City is now in the Lions and Bengals suite of playoff futility, and that is not all Marty’s fault.
- The Chiefs have lost six straight playoff games, and if that isn’t a record, it’s pretty close to it.
- My point is this: Carl has done some good things, but it’s time for a new approach, because we are now in year 18 of Carl’s five year plan, and still NO championship. We are in an age where teams can go from last place to Super Bowl Champs in one year, and I don’t know how many more years everyone else needs, but I’ve seen enough.
- I don’t like to be gloom and doom, but I have a hard time getting excited for another 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 season. Until more people stand up and say enough is enough, nothing will change.
- Had they kept Trent Green, with this defense, things might’ve been different, but it will be a long season if they lose to Houston in the season opener.
Article printed from Warpath News Room: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news
URL to article: http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news/2007/08/17/pre-season-observations/
© Copyright 2000 - 2013